The Realm of Vancata is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Philip with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.882 billion Vancatans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vancata City. The average income tax rate is 44.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Vancatan economy, worth a remarkable 1,163 trillion Pintos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 117,738 Pintos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is known as the cheapskates of Yggdrasil, belligerent citizens shoot at passing clouds for 'violating their airspace', a girl's success in life is often linked to her performance in beauty pageants, and election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancata's national animal is the Sapphire Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancata's influence in Yggdrasil rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vancata's influence in Yggdrasil rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vancata was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Secular.
- : Vancata's influence in Yggdrasil rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vancata relocated from Balder to Yggdrasil.
- : Vancata was refounded in Balder.
- : Vancata ceased to exist in Yggdrasil.
- : Vancata was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Vancata was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Vancata was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.