The Commonwealth of Van Demeins Land is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Gael with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 4.665 billion Demeins are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trica. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Demein economy, worth 995 trillion Lyras a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 213,363 Lyras, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 798,919 per year while the poor average 39,865, a ratio of 20.0 to 1.
Scientists spend more time enduring government inspections than they do on actual science, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin, blackface performers claim they are being deliberately ironic, and many politicians carry out their morning ablutions in public restrooms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Van Demeins Land's national animal is the Lyrebird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Lyroica.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Van Demeins Land's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Van Demeins Land resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Van Demeins Land relocated from Aukumnia to The Rejected Realms.
- : Van Demeins Land was ejected and banned from Aukumnia by The Republic of Aukumnia Founder.
- : The Republic of Aukumnia Founder dismissed Van Demeins Land as Head of State of Aukumnia.
- : Van Demeins Land was endorsed by The Imperial Crown Colony of Columbia-Dixie.
- : Van Demeins Land was endorsed by The Federation of Gonadez.
- : Van Demeins Land endorsed The Federated States of Levonast.
- : Van Demeins Land was endorsed by The Federated States of Levonast.
- : Following new legislation in Van Demeins Land, many politicians carry out their morning ablutions in public restrooms.