The Blood Sucking Vampire Kitten of Vampiric Kittens is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Death Kitten with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, parental licensing program, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 17.558 billion Vampiric Kittensians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of death kitten. The average income tax rate is 82.5%.
The large but inefficient Vampiric Kittensian economy, worth 683 trillion fangs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 38,941 fangs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
The nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, spousal homicide rates have tripled in recent months, and oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vampiric Kittens's national animal is the bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vampiric Kittens's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Vampiric Kittens's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Vampiric Kittens's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Vampiric Kittens was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Vampiric Kittens altered its national flag.
- : Vampiric Kittens was refounded in Osiris.
- : Vampiric Kittens ceased to exist.
- : Vampiric Kittens was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Vampiric Kittens was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Vampiric Kittens was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average and Most Beautiful Environments and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output and Longest Average Lifespans.