The Queendom of VampireKitten is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Mjau with an iron fist, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 11.12 billion VampireKittenians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mjau. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The large but sluggish VampireKittenian economy, worth 607 trillion Virgins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 54,675 Virgins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. VampireKitten's national animal is the Soul, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Necromancy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : VampireKitten changed its national faith to "Necromancy".
- : VampireKitten changed its national animal to "Soul" and its currency to "Virgin".
- : VampireKitten changed its national currency to "Souls of the Innocent".
- : VampireKitten was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : VampireKitten altered its national flag.
- : VampireKitten was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : VampireKitten was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : VampireKitten was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : VampireKitten was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : VampireKitten's influence in Wintreath rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".