The Dominion of Valrem is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Cole Relander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 15.645 billion Valremians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Excelsior City. The average income tax rate is 82.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Valremian economy, worth a remarkable 2,517 trillion notes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 160,924 notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and carefully-staged grief is displayed by Cole Relander after national disasters. Crime is totally unknown. Valrem's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Freedom And Fill In The Blank.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, carefully-staged grief is displayed by Cole Relander after national disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Valrem endorsed The Republic of Raeeka.
- : Valrem was endorsed by The Republic of Raeeka.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Valrem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Trade of Endangered Organisms ".
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- : Following new legislation in Valrem, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League.
- : Valrem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
Endorsements Received: 67 » Alsted, Jenesia, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Stromia, Foucaults garden, The Seven Provinces, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Basque Dominion, Woschia, Neue Deutsche Republik, The Greater German Federal Republic, Ansington, Bohomo, Nova Prutenia, Wombelland, Alpinovia, Bearhinoland, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Fossekallen, Templar Republic, Slavorussia, Union of the North, Blighteria, AirstripZero, DGAF No-2, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Dark Matter, Hirota, Green Counties, Oena and Sandy Island, Romaian, Cha0sNation, Evka, Brijska Drzava, Imperialistic Capitalist Hungary, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Poulaka, Einswenn, Ostroban, The Novakian Empire, Popaholick, and 17 others.TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Hretva, Marssel, Wilheim, Sinclairtown, Comune di Milano, Greifenburg, Atlantian Isles, Kirostan, United Republics of Earth, Galway-Dublin, Supcotia, Brandon, Romarctul, Ere, Raeeka, and Freedom And Fill In The Blank.