The Federal Republic of Valehart is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 947 million Valehartines are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concord. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25.5%.
The thriving Valehartine economy, worth 72.8 trillion Cryptocredits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 76,877 Cryptocredits, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
A fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, Valehart's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook, and doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valehart's national animal is the Red-Tailed Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Valehart was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Saint Gloria.
- : Valehart voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Data".
- : Valehart changed its national motto to "Per aspera ad astra.".
- : Valehart was endorsed by The Empire of Iwagoto.
- : Valehart was endorsed by The Republic of Ignoramistan.
- : Valehart was endorsed by The Blue and Green Peacock of Peacockastan.
- : Valehart's influence in Lands End rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Valehart endorsed The Holy Empire of The Federation of Spokane.
- : Valehart endorsed The Federation of Free Republic of Verdania.
- : Valehart voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Astronomical Data Repository".
Endorsements Received: 30 » South-Central Rhodesia, Legoa, Free Southern Republics, Bonnie Blue Republic, Rumantium, Buryasia, Artevenia, Tri-Galleon Yudobya, Nordhpadhan, Hai Nguyen, Deims kir, Neon alliance, Metal cybersnake, Janman, Greater Velutaria, Its Okay Here, Ugul Flugul, Mercantana, Tendid, Yawehs Chosen Peoples, Chrysanthemum State, Hollip, Voivodato di Uyutta, The Federation of Spokane, Free Republic of Verdania, Los Cayos, Peacockastan, Ignoramistan, Iwagoto, and Saint Gloria.