The Commonwealth of Vale-Beacon is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Professor Ozpin with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and public floggings. The compassionate, devout population of 1.8 billion Hunters have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beacon. The average income tax rate is 74.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Valian economy, worth 220 trillion Liens a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 122,410 Liens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, passive-aggressive congratulations cards inform mums-to-be that their pregnancy is their greatest achievement in life, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vale-Beacon's national animal is the Grimm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Two Brothers.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens".
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, passive-aggressive congratulations cards inform mums-to-be that their pregnancy is their greatest achievement in life.
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Vale-Beacon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Vale-Beacon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, the government has awarded itself a month-long holiday to celebrate its achievements.
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, feeling like a winner comes at a price.
- : Following new legislation in Vale-Beacon, machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Elisabethshagen, Eco-Paris Reformation, Meropis, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Invernessia, Trixeland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Kanokla, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, North of Americas, Thracia and Crimea, Nuweland, Jim the Baptist, St Scarlett, Othenhiem, Imperium Anglorum, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, Nomaida, Libertandonien, Walfo, Apabeossie, The Scandinavian Realm, Gliesetonia, Mynox, The New Nordic Union, Nardin, Valtrona, Maalat, Eppur, Bathera, Bareu, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Dark Matter, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Regnum Italiae, Warzakie, Gutarike, Theat ble Asialica, Ombran, Zulrich, Ausvelt, NorthPortugal, Outer Sparta, The Federal States of Ezasao, Wombelland, Greater Icelandia, and 35 others.Broabant, Someseni, Koenskyte, New Ylicia, Sloburg, An Clar, Leukante, Alsted, Christian Terra, Belvanski, Schiltia, Panversia, Berlin and Hanover, Ottterland, Europe a Nation, Kebabian States, Chioganah, Rary, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dunsteen, Heplon, Dervenland, Dabarastan, Gorzi, Caescadia, Noristoniaka, Burvenchkaht, Corsovica, Arsenial, Konewa, Soveiniesberg, Corsoaua, Hessinau, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.