|Leader||People's Constitutional Boule|
The Democratic Eco-Communities of Valdonland is a huge, safe nation, ruled by People's Constitutional Boule with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 974 million Valdish are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Artemis. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Valdish economy, worth 37.9 trillion sods a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 38,873 sods, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", and bars are packed at all hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valdonland's national animal is the black fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valdonland, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Valdonland, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Valdonland endorsed The Colony of Anerchestia.
- : Valdonland was endorsed by The Colony of Anerchestia.
- : Valdonland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Following new legislation in Valdonland, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Following new legislation in Valdonland, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards.
- : Following new legislation in Valdonland, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Following new legislation in Valdonland, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Valdonland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
Endorsements Received: 28 » Sylh Alanor, Araine, Golden gateway, Imbault, Laisou, Liphia, Tovenia, Cadenzana, Melenavenia, Sueloc, Narwhal, Typica, Koayo, Chacapoya, Junitaki-cho, Elenaraghaenaris, Bapaving, Vystrania, Inaros OPA, Kariforunia, The Star Enpire, High Reiserland, Vikoland, Uitmuntendheid, Merradoni, Michelland, The Seventh Generation, and Anerchestia.