The Federal Republic of UUR is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.712 billion UURians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorium. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The all-consuming UURian economy, worth 578 trillion Xenoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 101,242 Xenoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, moonshine has made a resurgence, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, and invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. UUR's national animal is the Two Headed Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : UUR was endorsed by The Republic of Erica.
- : UUR's influence in Europeia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : UUR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in UUR, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in UUR, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in UUR, moonshine has made a resurgence.
- : UUR was endorsed by The Democratic States of Katkasistan.
- : UUR was endorsed by The Peek-a-Boo Players of Mousebumples.
- : UUR's influence in Europeia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : UUR was endorsed by The World Assembly Delegate of Malashaan Colony.