The Vajra Empire of Utsang is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 953 million Utsangians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shigatse. The average income tax rate is 81.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Utsangian economy, worth 88.3 trillion rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,706 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough, farting etiquette is taught in schools, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Utsang's national animal is the yak, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Utsang was endorsed by The Haunted Litter Box of Meow-meow-mia.
- : Utsang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Utsang was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Varanius.
- : Utsang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Utsang was endorsed by The Kingdom of Giovanniland.
- : Utsang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Utsang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Utsang, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Utsang, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Utsang, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
Endorsements Received: 19 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Bran Astor, Mediobogdum, Yy4u, Bhang Bhang Duc, Dalimbar, Cryland, Doggerstan, Fujai, Ilmecith, Shaqolandia, Oometz, Westwind, Kyeongsang, Arkadia Universalis, Papercuts and Skittles, Giovanniland, Varanius, and Meow-meow-mia.