The Republic of UtOwOpia is a massive, genial nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.214 billion UtOwOpians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The UtOwOpian economy, worth 176 trillion Rupees a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,948 Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, and the police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. UtOwOpia's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : UtOwOpia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : UtOwOpia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : UtOwOpia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : UtOwOpia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : UtOwOpia altered its national flag.
- : UtOwOpia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : UtOwOpia ceased to exist in The United Empires of Carson.
- : UtOwOpia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : UtOwOpia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : UtOwOpia's influence in The United Empires of Carson rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".