|Leader||Emperor Richard McGregor|
The Kingdom of Urumpia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Richard McGregor with an iron fist, and notable for its digital currency, ubiquitous missile silos, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.262 billion Urumpians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montevideo. The average income tax rate is 50.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Urumpian economy, worth 286 trillion British Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 126,573 British Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience, the official Urumpian Phrase Book weighs as much as a small child, work creation schemes keep the masses occupied with meaningless tasks, and millions of Urumpians are excellent swimmers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Urumpia's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Urumpia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Urumpia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, millions of Urumpians are excellent swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, work creation schemes keep the masses occupied with meaningless tasks.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, the official Urumpian Phrase Book weighs as much as a small child.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless.
- : Urumpia was endorsed by The Allied States of Driodal.
- : Urumpia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Urumpia, diplomatic fallout tends to be much more dangerous than radioactive fallout.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Holota, Beblahbleblo, The Worst army of, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Faria Thew, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Westenhald, New Sanet, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Kiani, PenguinPies, Anatasha, Concrete Slab, Holy Free, Beepee, Farengeto, Drystar, West Pastafaria, Ebonhand, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Drew Durrnil, Arvan Irawer, The naked people, Darakin, Hanguk-Nippon, Gonrati, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Immund, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Tsunamy, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Willing Mind, and 31 others.Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Volaworand, A Place Somewhere, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Castraebar, Zataras, Bonobiana, Kricivk, Sedunn, Ipugao, Flumenvallis, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leimarite Empire, Brazilian impero2, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, ARIAPOLIS01, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Eae, Bistritza, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, and Driodal.