The 🐻🐻 Big Bad Bear-Boi 🐻🐻 of Ursidae is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.549 billion Ursidaeans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Environment, Education, and Welfare also on the agenda, while International Aid isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Ursidaean economy, worth 71.7 trillion Salmon a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 46,258 Salmon, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, unemployed mercenaries drift the country looking for new careers, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads, and there's a mortuary next to every Ursidaean restaurant. Crime is totally unknown. Ursidae's national animal is the Human, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ursidae's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ursidae's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ursidae's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ursidae was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Ursidae lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Ursidae's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ursidae relocated from The Black Hawks to The Rejected Realms.
- : Ursidae was ejected and banned from The Black Hawks by The Most Feared Military of TBH Commander.
- : Ursidae was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Ursidae lodged a message on the The Black Hawks Regional Message Board.