|Faith||Lords of Kobol|
The Sovereign of Uprus is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Anubis with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, frequent executions, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 9.207 billion Uprusians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xandar. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Uprusian economy, worth a remarkable 2,380 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 258,576 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end, the only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, and a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Uprus's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Lords of Kobol.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, the only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag.
- : Uprus was endorsed by The Democratic States of DVVK.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, lawyers turn down litigation cases and corporate work in order to focus on lucrative public defence work.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in Uprus.
- : Uprus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Uprus, the Uprusian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Oom, Zeganas, Coreras, The Tasmanian Islands, Leirkra, Dustwind, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, New Fania, Karlando, Nooooooooooooooo, Blogotopia, Slaytania, Seranis, Northern African Sahara, Achiotopia, The City States Of Las Vegas, Future of Mankind, The Utah Federation, Rockerville, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Krystalveil, Anigeto, Republic of Nutella, Kyrizstanislav, Sygnafylki, Datland, Qerth, Better Indonesia, Aspistania, Anollasia, Sorya, Cyber Revolution, Kuriko, Echocrimsonia, DunNaGall, Earth Federation, Libraziland, Grahnol, Ignis Cinere, and DVVK.