|Leader||The Glorious and Noteworthy Radical Cow|
|Faith||The Cult of Timbuktu|
|Currency||radical ideas-styled currency|
The Kingdom of Upper Ellisse is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Glorious and Noteworthy Radical Cow with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.327 billion Ellisseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gratuitous Cheesewheels. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Ellissean economy, worth 478 trillion radical ideas-styled currencies a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 143,891 radical ideas-styled currencies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and many in Upper Ellisse are born in the purple. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Upper Ellisse's national animal is the pigeon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Cult of Timbuktu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, many in Upper Ellisse are born in the purple.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Upper Ellisse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Upper Ellisse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, t-shirts displaying a photo of The Glorious and Noteworthy Radical Cow performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
Endorsements Received: 58 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, La xinga, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Axdel, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, Ridann, Am Echad, Wiranath, Tawuse, Zukchiva, Kalaratri, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Tretrid, Rainbow Vests, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, Lingu, A mean old man, East Malaysia, Santa Dystopia, New Leganes, Coruh, Sunsistan, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, Acronis, Debluu, Lanwa, Republic of New India, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Dravida India, Jove Mahmo, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, Lorrana, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Republic of Berzerkistan, Enlil, LibRight Libertarianism, The Kulaata Islands, and 8 others.Technocratic Tagalog, Fellon, Spiruvania, Blobon, Pirnovo, Saint Richelieu, From New World, and Eagle Crest.