The Republic of Upper Britain is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Comrade Corbyn with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.858 billion Upper Brits are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keighley. The average income tax rate is 78.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Upper Britainian economy, worth 129 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 69,888 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, the military claims that their threatening letters are signed with the blood of their enemies, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment, and the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Upper Britain's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Upper Britain's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Upper Britain's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Upper Britain's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Upper Britain was refounded in Osiris.
- : Upper Britain ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Upper Britain was endorsed by The Lucky Socialist Republic of Dangine.
- : Upper Britain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Upper Britain was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Upper Britain was endorsed by The Republic of Valgarda.
- : Upper Britain was endorsed by The Grand Holy Speaker of Francois Isidore.