|Leader||President Ladislao L|
The United States of United Viland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Ladislao L with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 1.127 billion Vilidians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Welfare, with Healthcare, Education, and Spirituality also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Viekshire. The average income tax rate is 33.5%.
The Vilandian economy, worth 61.4 trillion Vilanis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,522 Vilanis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
President Ladislao L has just been declared ruler of United Viland in an international press conference, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, smoking is banned in public areas, and a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Viland's national animal is the Yorkshire, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
United Viland is ranked 84,914th in the world and 592nd in 10000 Islands for Lowest Crime Rates, with 66.3 law-abiding acts per hour.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Viland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Spiritus".
- : United Viland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Right to Assemble"".
- : United Viland was endorsed by The Empire of Integral Solidarity.
- : United Viland was endorsed by The Democracy of Aquachromia.
- : United Viland was endorsed by The Republic of Milanisca.
- : United Viland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Cavonia Island.
- : Following new legislation in United Viland, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion.
- : Following new legislation in United Viland, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : United Viland lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : United Viland was endorsed by The Linked Nests of Grubnation.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Alski, Zebastani, Tramolvalnia, Solsevara, Second Peenadian, Macrasetia, Reformed Imperis, Thexaelen, Austral Imperium, Grimmywelsh, Faradova, United States of Island land, Jaegerpondonia, Dustwind, Namakan, Luna Bean, Gemmisland, Anisopterra, Rog Mily, Liberdon, The Galactic American Imperium, Kaltovar, Free Land of Rebellium, Krystalveil, Lenlyvit, DetroitSmash, Qansi, TheAthenianEmpire, Clialaad, Wischland, Grubnation, Cavonia Island, Milanisca, Aquachromia, and Integral Solidarity.