|Leader||President Josiah Jones|
The Grand Republic of United States of Devonta is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Josiah Jones with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 12.536 billion Devontans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Devonta City. The average income tax rate is 94.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Devontan economy, worth a remarkable 1,775 trillion Jons a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 141,629 Jons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, streaming video is considered to be a myth by most citizens, and the Bengal Tiger is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United States of Devonta's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United States of Devonta voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy".
- : United States of Devonta's influence in United Valhaven fell from "Hegemony" to "Superpower".
- : United States of Devonta proposed constructing embassies between United Valhaven and The Luxan Empire.
- : United States of Devonta ejected and banned The Borderlands of Black Sciences from United Valhaven.
- : United States of Devonta became WA Delegate of United Valhaven.
- : United States of Devonta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : United States of Devonta was endorsed by The Democratic Armed Republic of Northdeigo.
- : United States of Devonta voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : United States of Devonta voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : United States of Devonta lodged a message on the United Valhaven Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northdeigo.