The Kingdom of United Republic Empire is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Adramelech with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, triple-decker prams, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 8.848 billion Empireans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tartarus. The average income tax rate is 91.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Empirean economy, worth a remarkable 2,040 trillion Maccas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 230,635 Maccas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
There's a big brother in every prison, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, every week is blindness awareness week, and student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Republic Empire's national animal is the Geryon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Luciferian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Republic Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : United Republic Empire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Crime and Punishment"".
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, there's a big brother in every prison.
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Following new legislation in United Republic Empire, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : United Republic Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Alt-Preussen, United States of Indonesia, Bystopia, Kekistad, Iloiada, Nomano, AlafdalEldeb, AnkoKurama, TheCultureofMU, Rezsia, The British Isles France and Benelux, Ankuran, Moingyong, Humanitarian Protectorate of Blazgow, New Jarwel, Jeankana, Autopsy, Clarence River, State of Gryphania, Exalbuia, Atlantida of Ocean, Bauralia, Happer, Iron Cladia, Bridgett, Dzeric, Wozmania, Surd, The British Atlantic Islands, Assharin, Dratrium, Cloinstrya, Gadatero, Calebs Haven, Ioras, Valhallan Sector, Seihaja, Vitrenau, The Rebel Riflemen, Speechs, Albascot, Nueva Gran Salamanca, Chile nova, Uringuitiro, Wulaishen, The Lunar Republic Of Titan, The Secular States, Ironwynne, Ethoralia, Phaesporia, and 14 others.Green Africa, Empire of Lapland, Alcantaria, Merristonia, Minolipsia, Astrapi, Defunia, VichyFrance, Inquisitiors, Kurklands, Hashenmu, Jersenia, Zorgenland, and Yappenia.