|Leader||J R R Tolkien|
The Commonwealth of United Counties of Escanaba is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by J R R Tolkien with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 16.29 billion Escanabans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Bend. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 80.3%.
The frighteningly efficient United Counties of Escanaban economy, worth a remarkable 2,617 trillion Rois a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 160,692 Rois, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 593,531 per year while the poor average 30,679, a ratio of 19.3 to 1.
A burger chain recently changed its name to Mack Donaldz for legal reasons, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, and EpiPen sales have skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown. United Counties of Escanaba's national animal is the snowy owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Counties of Escanaba's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : United Counties of Escanaba was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : United Counties of Escanaba endorsed The Vice-Delegate Vizier Puffin of Bachtendekuppen.
- : United Counties of Escanaba endorsed The Write Pretty Speech of Todd McCloud.
- : United Counties of Escanaba endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : United Counties of Escanaba relocated from The South Pacific to The East Pacific.
- : United Counties of Escanaba relocated from Union de Paises Internacionales to The South Pacific.
- : United Counties of Escanaba's influence in Union de Paises Internacionales rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : United Counties of Escanaba's influence in Union de Paises Internacionales rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : United Counties of Escanaba's influence in Union de Paises Internacionales rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Celannica.