The Republic of Unitary Africa is a small, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 20 million Unitary Africans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 58.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling Unitary African economy, worth 299 billion baht a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 14,961 baht, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unitary Africa's national animal is the sheep.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unitary Africa's influence in Aevum Interventu rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Unitary Africa's influence in Aevum Interventu rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Unitary Africa lodged a message on the Aevum Interventu Regional Message Board.
- : Unitary Africa published "Houses of Congress" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Unitary Africa published "History since Independence" (Factbook: History).
- : Unitary Africa's influence in Aevum Interventu rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Unitary Africa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments, Most Income Equality, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Unitary Africa published "Structure of the Unitary African Republic" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Unitary Africa published "Application" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Unitary Africa's influence in Aevum Interventu rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".