The Totally Not Sad-States of Unirel is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 4.051 billion Unians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mirel. The average income tax rate is 47.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Unirelian economy, worth 119 trillion Uniotes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,609 Uniotes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Unirel to be bombproof, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, and Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Unirel's new capital. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unirel's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unirel's influence in From The End rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Unirel's influence in From The End rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Unirel's influence in From The End rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Unirel's influence in From The End rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Unirel relocated from The South Pacific to From The End.
- : Unirel applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Unirel resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Unirel was endorsed by The Cantankerous Curmudgeon of Belschaft.
- : Unirel's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Unirel endorsed The Protectorate of TSP Transition Team.