|Faith||a major religion|
The Democratic Socialist States of Union of Lesser Soviet Republics is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Sergei Koslov with a fair hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.215 billion Lesser Soviets enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Muskovia. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Lesser Soviet economy, worth a remarkable 1,861 trillion Fonds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 202,013 Fonds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes, and the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Union of Lesser Soviet Republics's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics endorsed The United Socialist States of Freed Europe.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Freed Europe.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics relocated from Lazarus to The Communist Bloc.
- : Union of Lesser Soviet Republics altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Freed Europe.