The Democratic Republic of Unified Localities is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 237 million Unified Localitiesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Unified Localitiesian economy, worth 1.52 trillion Standards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Automobile Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 6,422 Standards, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, and research grant proposals read like political diatribes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unified Localities's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unified Localities was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Unified Localities, research grant proposals read like political diatribes.
- : Following new legislation in Unified Localities, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Unified Localities, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws.
- : Unified Localities endorsed The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Unified Localities endorsed The Confederation of Hyon Delta.
- : Unified Localities endorsed The Spooky season Forest of McClandia Doge 2.
- : Unified Localities endorsed The Republic of Xunaan.
- : Unified Localities endorsed The Royal State of Daarwyrth.
- : Following new legislation in Unified Localities, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Einswenn, Ruinenlust, Taco Respublic, Lura, Verdant Haven, Canaltia, Novian Republics, Frieden-und Freudenland, Love and Nature, Uan aa Boa, The Void Territories, Jutsa, Roless, Eryndlynd, Kawastyselir, Thrything, The Cypher Nine, Caterasia, Feladria, Ziotah and Riverside, Greyveldt, Terrabod, Atsvea, Garbelia, Ironic Remarks, Anachronolandia, New Ladavia, Hyon Delta, McClandia Doge 2, Xunaan, and Daarwyrth.