The Kingdom of Underground Ruins is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Asgore Dreemurr with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, avant-garde cinema, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.381 billion Monsters are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Home. The average income tax rate is 91.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Monster economy, worth a remarkable 1,161 trillion Gold Coins a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,561 Gold Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, Monster tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be, and Asgore Dreemurr can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Underground Ruins's national animal is the Annoying Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Underground Ruins's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Underground Ruins was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Grand Imperial Technocracy of Aragon AI.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Spacefaring Society of Dhaeland.
- : Underground Ruins's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Underground Ruins's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Underground Ruins was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Republic of The Ferenghi.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Slightly vil Vizir of Lukatonia.
- : Underground Ruins's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".