The Kingdom of Underground Ruins is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Asgore Dreemurr with a fair hand, and renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, daily referendums, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.951 billion Monsters are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Home. The average income tax rate is 92.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Monster economy, worth a remarkable 1,402 trillion Gold Coins a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 140,962 Gold Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The blind lead the blind in social welfare, hospitals in Underground Ruins are too busy serving the needs of Osiris to see Monsters, incidents involving lethal string attacks have gone way up, and planes can be grounded for months simply because an inspector "didn't like the color". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Underground Ruins's national animal is the Annoying Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Underground Ruins was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Underground Ruins was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Underground Ruins's influence in Osiris rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Underground Ruins endorsed The Republic of Emlay.
- : Underground Ruins endorsed The Pacifist Land Pirate's Reich of Helperness.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Republic of Emlay.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Pacifist Land Pirate's Reich of Helperness.
- : Underground Ruins endorsed The Sex Capital of The Sygian.
- : Underground Ruins was endorsed by The Sex Capital of The Sygian.
- : Underground Ruins was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.