The Newly freed Republic of Undemocacy is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Ben Burns with an iron fist, and renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.965 billion Undemocrians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trout City. The average income tax rate is 51.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Undemocrian economy, worth 240 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 122,597 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government puts forth the claim that harming young girls is wrong, when shaking hands with foreign leaders Ben Burns wears an armoured gauntlet, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Undemocacy's national animal is the Trout, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Monarchism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Undemocacy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Europeia".
- : Undemocacy published "Infiltration Forces" (Account: Military).
- : Undemocacy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- : Undemocacy's influence in Nova Scanda fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Undemocacy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Undemocacy's influence in Nova Scanda rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Undemocacy proposed constructing embassies between Nova Scanda and The Orange Order.
- : Undemocacy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Undemocacy voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Undemocacy lodged a message on the Nova Scanda Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Stahlholm.