The United Provinces of Undarat is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Derrick Smith with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.249 billion Undaratians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Undarat City. The average income tax rate is 81.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Undaratian economy, worth 687 trillion Undars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,082 Undars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Undarat' is a smash hit, antique comic book collectors are disappointed to hear that their treasures are worth exactly as little as their mothers said they were, the nation's air force consists of strongly-worded letters folded into paper airplanes, and lifeguards are stationed on the streets during rainstorms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Undarat's national animal is the Coatl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Undarat's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Undarat's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Undarat was refounded in Osiris.
- : Undarat ceased to exist in Cape of Good Hope.
- : Undarat was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Woongolia.
- : Undarat was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Harvestmoon.
- : Undarat was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Undarat was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Carlindia.
- : Undarat was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Pogzdan.
- : Undarat was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".