The Technological Republic of Umojai is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Yetari Plane with a fair hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, soft-spoken computers, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.269 billion Umojans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anton. The average income tax rate is 89.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Umojan economy, worth 256 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 112,905 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Group hugs break out during floor votes, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, lobster tastes best when it is red, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Umojai's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Umojai was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Norvayopia.
- : Umojai was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Umojai, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Umojai, lobster tastes best when it is red.
- : Following new legislation in Umojai, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Umojai, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Umojai, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles distance from the National Science Park.
- : Umojai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Umojai was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Trillius.
- : Umojai was endorsed by The Majestic Twelve of Haor Chall.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Notyoutopia, Alunya, The Rhein States, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, Great Bights Mum, Ninjak30, Suicidistan, Black Templares, El Fiji Grande, The Black Cathedral, PlanetPunk, Cloydicia, Sundred, Ofemerica, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Uganda Knuckles UK, Malta Comino Gozo, Bayern-Straubing, Dreadton, Koda-Land, New Pruessen, Egalico, Corfad, Shibutani, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Holy Oranz, Votak Matim, Ainsworth, United Draconia, Siwale, Q w e r t y, Sil Dorsett, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Lunallian, Maovale, Sunto, Napnomadia, Tappan Hills, Papika, Shadowrik, Solmetria, Kwaj, New Bremerton, Acrabinnia, Selfgradatude, and 54 others.Kasazzastan, Ostrinios, THX1138, Pasargad, Mzeusia, Buckerino, Steraz, National Goats, Maott, United North American, Federation Terra Australis, Atomic Industry Islands, Agrauron, Spartoptia, Newpromisedland, Frances Francis the First of France, Ozstan, General COE, Gladio II, Wineclaw, Joodey, Guer Aike, Sheldanada, Unsophisticate, Guslantis, The United States of Romania, Niradans, Ara Antrizuls, Sanjurika, Balimut, Abject Ludicrosity, SchoolHouse Rock, Fortnite Eco, Torakuen, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Ibiscaton, Racoda, IsiMUd, The Iron Lions, Wilkshire, Saturns Edge, SillyString, Jasminlandia, VarDrade, Peldorn, Steampunk Ariel, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ethnon, Plangainer, Kirostan, Haor Chall, Trillius, and Norvayopia.