The Content Peoples of Umeria is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Helen D'Annain with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.487 billion Umerians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agora. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Umerian economy, worth a remarkable 1,970 trillion euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 207,680 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry, and the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association. Crime is totally unknown. Umeria's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Umeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Umeria submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Global Disarmament Board entitled "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Umeria, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Following new legislation in Umeria, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry.
- : Umeria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Umeria, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Umeria endorsed The People's Republic of Invernessia.
- : Umeria was endorsed by The People's Republic of Invernessia.
- : Following new legislation in Umeria, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Umeria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
Endorsements Received: 109 » The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Lexembourg, Lovisa, Bohomo, Ansington, Dauershire, The New Nordic Union, An Clar, Troltovia, Ahma, Alsted, Dark Matter, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Einswenn, Popaholick, Evka, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Outer Sparta, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Sinclairtown, Regnum Italiae, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, Germany Third Reich, Daneforth, Irminsulia, North of Americas, Feria-Alkaline, St Scarlett, Pilipinas and Malaya, Brakanistan, Nardin, Rouvenor, Chioganah, South St Maarten, GanymedEuropa, The Champions League, Pazano, Wessex and Cornwall, The Greater Eastern Republic, New Ylicia, Purgatio, Dorpz, Death Bat, Amicities, Kaspinia, and 59 others.Miharr, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, British Alban, Estonesia, Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Cre Alworkez, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Beauprix, Kenmoria WA Mission, Republic Of Vox, Apabeossie, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Parliamentary Laramidia, Nuweland, Blighteria, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, Lumitauka, Elisabethshagen, Gingera, Permorania, Pydrus, Suissen, Romana Imperium de Italia, Novo Portugal, Mallesia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Belgique et France, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Stromia, The Wretched of this Earth, Neuchateau, Betasia, Shagolaa, Leszno, Walfo, British Norklon, Nookville, Porury, Prussian-Union, Novum Hesperia, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Rijland, Puhja, Evergreen Keys, Enway, Greater Albaina, The Pagan Moon, Sienkahn, Elitestland, and Invernessia.