The Republic of UDN is a tiny, genial nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 8 million Desis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Welfare, with Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. The average income tax rate is 8.7%.
The UDNian economy, worth 393 billion UDN Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 49,131 UDN Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. UDN's national animal is the Asiatic Lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : UDN's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : UDN's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in UDN, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- : UDN's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : UDN was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and Most Average.
- : UDN relocated from The Land of Kings and Emperors to Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in UDN, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : UDN changed its national currency to "UDN Dollar".
- : Following new legislation in UDN, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- : UDN altered its national flag.