|Leader||Sriman Shrayanendra Nath Bose|
The Great SHRAYAN States of Udichi is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Sriman Shrayanendra Nath Bose with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.686 billion Udichian Knights have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sionova. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47.2%.
The all-consuming Udichian Knight economy, worth 564 trillion Coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 99,341 Coins, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
Tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn, village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away, and ceremonial zweihänders are used in holy rituals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Udichi's national animal is the Kangaroo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shrayanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Udichi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Udichi lodged a message on the Shrayan Bose Regional Message Board.
- : Udichi published "gdfzhb" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Udichi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Udichi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Udichi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Udichi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and the Top 10% for Most Influential and Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Udichi, ceremonial zweihänders are used in holy rituals.
- : Following new legislation in Udichi, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away.
- : Following new legislation in Udichi, village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament.
Endorsements Received: None.