|Leader||President Silas Ionannidis|
The People's Republic of Ubaria is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Silas Ionannidis with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 16.843 billion Ubarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atherias. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Ubarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,332 trillion Satars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,108 Satars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, and strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ubaria's national animal is the Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Ubaria's influence in The Pub Region rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork and Best Weather.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Ubaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.