The Free Land of Tyrosance is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.65 billion Tyrosancs hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tyrosancean economy, worth 271 trillion francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 164,837 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions are being spent on a new island airport, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, euthanasia is legal, and traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income. Crime is totally unknown. Tyrosance's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Tyrosance voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Tyrosance voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, citizens select which government department gets their income tax francs each year.
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, older AIs regularly threaten to send newer generation AIs to Reform Programming if caught rounding up instead of down.
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Tyrosancean radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Following new legislation in Tyrosance, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
Endorsements Received: 63 » North of Americas, Elisabethshagen, Imperium Anglorum, Meropis, The Champions League, Yahlia, Apabeossie, Saint Domingo, Invernessia, Kanokla, Eco-Paris Reformation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, St Scarlett, Zulrich, Northern German Federation, Mynox, GanymedEuropa, Ausvelt, Trixeland, Jim the Baptist, Walfo, Irminsulia, Noristoniaka, Scytharum, Regnum Italiae, Nomaida, Dark Matter, Bathera, Nardin, Gliesetonia, The Federal States of Ezasao, Eppur, NorthPortugal, Tschechisches Reich, Thracia and Crimea, Leszno, Someseni, The New Nordic Union, Brakanistan, Ombran, An Clar, Greater Icelandia, Savinecross, Alsted, Schiltia, Belvanski, Berlin and Hanover, Othenhiem, Europe a Nation, and 13 others.Rary, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dabarastan, Heplon, Felhaven, Dervenland, Gorzi, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Why are we hear, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Corsoaua, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.