The Free Land of Tyranogorgon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Takeshi Kovacs with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.063 billion Tyranogorgonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valyrian. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Tyranogorgonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,341 trillion Gold Dragons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 331,477 Gold Dragons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals, graffiti graces every city's streets, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year, and the national anthem is considered broadly offensive to those who don't believe in Atheism. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Tyranogorgon's national animal is the Komodo Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tyranogorgon was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, the national anthem is considered broadly offensive to those who don't believe in Atheism.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, the "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Tyranogorgon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, it's considered a valid legal defence to say "a demon made me do it".
- : Following new legislation in Tyranogorgon, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Baconbacon123, Josephtan, Angea, Ormantum, Gorzi, Ritterdorf, The Evile Empire, Runegeist, Aestorn, Salanernterthwazva, Reatilber Soclistice, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, VichyFrance, Jersatia, Pollariaua, Zelkia, The United Empire States, Venkara, Yuthorin, Palancia, Spiceamia, Rupp, Trischoczlovakia, Leverestia, Norddriki, Zokada, Charcoaltropolis, Balkan Vojvodina, Valltoria, Bennisia, Progeria, Marinne, Of NUGE, Turkmennoland, Metania-Sol, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Fliesa, Carlusinia, Tibus Heth, Vivandera, Silvaterrana, Ardedezarist, Fredonion, Bawnnmore, Ancapistanpart2, Carter Land, Heisenbee, and 21 others.Pontusia, Northe Pangaea, Serbianistan, ZOO288, Wolfen Union, YoungGunners, Davnar, American Kingships, Senantica, Han Solo land, Neklantis, Coloniesia, Concol, LifePoint, Klixia, Ierna, Jatma, Dermsie area, Marjah, Reignment, and Eitteri.