The Dominion of Twilight Imperium is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Charles Densem with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 15.777 billion Twilight Imperiumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyperion. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Twilight Imperiumian economy, worth a remarkable 2,118 trillion cronuses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 134,288 cronuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Billions are being spent on a new island airport, Charles Densem's mistress is the belle at many state balls, Hyperion is a police state during international summits, and the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Twilight Imperium's national animal is the firefly, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is theism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Kingdom of Estingberg.
- : Twilight Imperium was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Blaniotid.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Great Trans Humanist Hotdog of Chungus World.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Republic of BigITopia2.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The United Socialist States of New Peoples Empire.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Twilight Imperium was endorsed by The Federation of Cyberian States.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Namonia, Mousebumples, Gooblaria, Voxum Mortalum, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Budraria, Aexnidaral, Trollfaceia, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Murden, Beriwen, Estanglia, Brickfield, Genistan, Vuzalex, Elaeria, Vlazinova, Tomaenia, Liveropolis, Almendron, Purgitz, Pirataria, Serpahima, Yugarritia, Illyrda, Polgaria, Igueranel, Poquaoi, Old Aweic Wirs, Acapais, Arvigiel, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, United-Marrshmallows, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Ipsonasia, Dat Countreh, ROFLOLMAO LAND, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Twilight Ways, Terra Potestatem, and 23 others.Zangc, Volkovica, North is Better, Desrouleaux, Caffeinated, Greatnessity City, Clialaad, Ikheria, Purple Ruthenia, Sagehills, Federal Republic of Respondia, Saarland-Niederbayern, The United Peoples of Centrism, Mikkazuki, Deathfall, Bellcon, Cyberian States, Kingdom of Stargard, New Peoples Empire, Chungus World, Estingberg, Androxis, and Baobab-Bumbaria.