The Queendom of Tverskay is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 941 million Tverskayians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 7.5%.
The strong Tverskayian economy, worth 49.8 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. Average income is 52,958 betales, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, surveillance cameras are banned, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Tverskay's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tverskay proposed constructing embassies between Tver Oblast and Schjetman Reef.
- : Tverskay agreed to construct embassies between Tver Oblast and Republic of the Philippines.
- : Tverskay's influence in Tver Oblast rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Tverskay was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and Most Extensive Civil Rights and the Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Tverskay agreed to construct embassies between Tver Oblast and Baldr.
- : Tverskay agreed to construct embassies between Tver Oblast and Rae island.
- : Tverskay updated the World Factbook entry in Tver Oblast.
- : Tverskay established the regional flag of Tver Oblast.
- : Tverskay lodged a message on the Tver Oblast Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Tverskay, the tenet of free speech is held dear.