The Most Serene Empire of Tuthina is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Akiyasu with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 20.238 billion subjects of His Most Serene Majesty are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sakan. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 7,367 trillion Zenis a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 364,043 Zenis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, Tuthina has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, and reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tuthina's national animal is the Crane, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Imperial Cult.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tuthina's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Tuthina's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Tuthina was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Tuthina ceased to exist in Ajax.
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Tuthina was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Tuthina's influence in Ajax rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".