The Exalted State of Turkish-Ottoman is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Mehmed II with a fair hand, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.243 billion Turkish-Ottomanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 73.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Turkish-Ottomanian economy, worth 757 trillion lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 144,442 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glamping Turkish-Ottomanians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Turkish-Ottoman after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and Turkish-Ottomanian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turkish-Ottoman's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secular state.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, Turkish-Ottomanian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Turkish-Ottoman after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, glamping Turkish-Ottomanians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, island residents must resort to canoes and sailboats to get to work.
- : Turkish-Ottoman endorsed The Elo Hell of The Salvation States.
- : Turkish-Ottoman was endorsed by The Elo Hell of The Salvation States.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Turkish-Ottoman, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
Endorsements Received: 90 » Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Aigania, Loftegen 2, Lazarene Ryccia, Nargorthia, Marcellinople, Aleckandor, Courlany, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Rommanda, Darkium, Wintermoot III, Praenestia, The Celestial Lands, Bobs raider puppet, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Perchan, Wishper, The Copper States, Astalen, Russiane, Meat Sandwich, Middle Ketalia, Xracona, Denado, ErgTrini, Altmar, Hycronesia, Auralon, The Daedric Lords, Kan Po, Sombrassino, Leton, Dhan, Ecchi Unlimited, The Sigometh Dynasty, Fissure Town, Roridat, Lingord, Shangri-La Valley, East Wake Island, SVR2200, Shadowra, Glorious Stocking, Laporter, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Arnasas, Halliway, Oberonia Minor, and 40 others.Tymus, Aflana, Steel Vagabonds, The Utopian Initiative, Ithania, Serlanda, The Rin Mang, Custadia, Frankish Peoples, Vadia, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Caybow, Arkanik, Mordant, Cossack Peoples, Germansberg, Sophisica, Axixic, Lake Flotillas, The Illusian Empire, Snipeower, The Peoples Hydration, Debussy, Reidshire, Lobosias, Stevoria, Greater Hopeville, Pama Freeza, Sneyland, Letnem, New Canadian Military Junta, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Great Saksala, Greater new Eurasia, Issrak-om, Eligation, Port Flynt, New vedan, and The Salvation States.