The Free Land of Turkisan 2 is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 297 million Turkisan 2ians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 8.3%.
The Turkisan 2ian economy, worth 12.6 trillion marks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 42,477 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the tenet of free speech is held dear, a lack of funding for new shows has turned television into 24/7 re-runs, and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Turkisan 2's national animal is the parrot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turkisan 2's influence in Coyphus fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Turkisan 2's influence in Coyphus rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Turkisan 2's influence in Coyphus rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Turkisan 2's influence in Coyphus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Turkisan 2's influence in Coyphus rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Turkisan 2's influence in Coyphus rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Turkisan 2 relocated from Mandeto Tengoku no to Coyphus.
- : Turkisan 2 relocated from Lily to Mandeto Tengoku no.
- : Turkisan 2 lodged a message on the Lily Regional Message Board.
- : Turkisan 2 altered its national flag.