The Republic of Turkenia is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.313 billion Turkenians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ankara. The average income tax rate is 52.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Turkenian economy, worth 173 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 131,912 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children, statistics show that terrorists often come from broken families, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, and a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turkenia's national animal is the Grey wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turkenia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Turkenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Epidemic Investigation Act".
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- : Turkenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, statistics show that terrorists often come from broken families.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- : Following new legislation in Turkenia, in pet stores nationwide Grey wolves are growing in popularity.
- : Turkenia endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of A3161.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Republic of Satherland, The Seven Provinces, Walfo, Meropis, Saint Domingo, Invernessia, Yahlia, Enway, Abject Ludicrosity, St Scarlett, La Gaulle, Northern German Federation, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, Dark Matter, Trixeland, Elisabethshagen, Kanokla, The Champions League, Destyntine, Jim the Baptist, Irminsulia, Ausvelt, Nova Babilonia, Regnum Italiae, New Eestiball, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Valtrona, North of Americas, Woschia, Christian Terra, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Kyrica, Gliesetonia, Chioganah, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Stromia, Migurson, New Hevania, Mynox, Maalat, Bareu, Apabeossie, Bohomo, Esvonia, Yoannes, R20, Shicksal, Wiener-Neustadt, and 36 others.Outer Sparta, Eco-Paris Reformation, Kase, Elania Kingdom, Nardin, Berlin and Hanover, Maritzal, Imperium Anglorum, Noristoniaka, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Estellan, Powiat Miechowski, Immunoria, GanymedEuropa, Brakanistan, The Asten Islands, KurentSlavija, Eski, Wombelland, Crestphalia, Robbonia, Parliamentary Laramidia, Estonesia, Leszno, Greater Bahland, Khuravia, Lord Sapre, Cantilena, Hallorland, Kurdislavic Algharbistan, The Rebels of Ireland, Mallesia, Thracia and Crimea, East Kirea, A3161, and Capitol Heights.