The Empire of Turizion is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Vorarath with an iron fist, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.468 billion Turizionians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diazon. The average income tax rate is 85.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Turizionian economy, worth 842 trillion Ziminiars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 242,977 Ziminiars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously", reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, and the world still seems flat to some people in space. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turizion's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Satanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turizion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Most Patriotic and the Top 10% for Highest Food Quality.
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Turizion voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Turizion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees.
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously".
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, the question of 'what is Vorarath's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange.
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, vital intelligence-gathering activities are put on hold as agents return home for seduction training and advanced poker instruction.
- : Following new legislation in Turizion, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.