|Leader||Chairman Sheng-ji Yang|
The Transhuman Hive of Turbeaux is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Chairman Sheng-ji Yang with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, rampant corporate plagiarism, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 6.076 billion Transhumans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nacelle. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Transhuman economy, worth a remarkable 2,353 trillion turbines a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 387,278 turbines, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saying "don't do anything that Chairman Sheng-ji Yang wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear", and a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Turbeaux's national animal is the mind worm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Quantum Mechanics.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turbeaux voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, a sledgehammer and a spray can are seen as the default tools of political debate.
- : Turbeaux endorsed The Mysterious black hole of Roless.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, saying "don't do anything that Chairman Sheng-ji Yang wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Turbeaux was endorsed by The Mysterious black hole of Roless.
- : Turbeaux was endorsed by The Republic of Alcantaria.
- : Following new legislation in Turbeaux, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Nacelle Times is sold out.
- : Turbeaux lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Ransium, Canaltia, Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, Feladria, Kawastyselir, Cannibaland, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The Cypher Nine, Reannia, Chilledsville, Ironic Remarks, Ziotah and Riverside, Frieden-und Freudenland, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Fahx, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Ruinenlust, Forgotten Beauty, Love and Nature, Sacara, Wantevolo, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, The Righteous Order of Youth, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Euso, Lura, Cheloboria, Rippardine, Murmuria, Palos Heights, and 33 others.Salvezia, Kinectia, Tur Ada, Krisylia, Porth Dunwich, Bilsa, Appendia, Blon Gre, Effazio, Burkhai, Bakwaas, Girelna, Ratulia, Spengland et South Toiwan, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Oregone, Deontologia, Groenwald, New Ladavia, Ashrah, McClandia Doge 2, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Ertaland, Bestburg, Talgarth, PD Kuykendall, Alcantaria, and Roless.