The Dominion of Tur Ada is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lord Ada with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate population of 2.894 billion Turadans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turin. The average income tax rate is 54.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Turadan economy, worth 313 trillion Sikkes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,231 Sikkes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The Tur Ada Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, and neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tur Ada's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Sun Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tur Ada was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Tur Ada was endorsed by The Colony of South Bees.
- : Tur Ada was endorsed by The Free People of Talgarth.
- : Tur Ada was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Tur Ada, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
- : Tur Ada endorsed The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : Tur Ada endorsed The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Tur Ada endorsed The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Tur Ada endorsed The Great Forest of Ordand.
- : Tur Ada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Novian Republics, Ransium, Canaltia, Feladria, Eryndlynd, Hyon Delta, Entitize, Reannia, Cat-Herders United, Ownzone, Dwardossa, Love and Nature, Cheloboria, Turbeaux, Appendia, Lura, Groenwald, Burkhai, Pen Blanityion, Effazio, Atsvea, McClandia Doge 2, Anachronolandia, Ordand, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, Paplia, Talgarth, and South Bees.