The Empire of Tulenia is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 611 million Tulenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tulenburg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.5%.
The powerhouse Tulenian economy, worth 61.5 trillion TU$s a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Retail, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 100,623 TU$s, with the richest citizens earning 8.7 times as much as the poorest.
Senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the nation is loathed abroad for dumping all of its waste in international waters, people talk about things being better when men were men, and public urination is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tulenia's national animal is the Elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tulenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Tulenia proposed constructing embassies between The Tulenian League and United East Asia Hub.
- : Tulenia lodged a message on the The Tulenian League Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Tulenia, public urination is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Tulenia, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Following new legislation in Tulenia, the nation is loathed abroad for dumping all of its waste in international waters.
- : Following new legislation in Tulenia, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Tulenia, only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Tulenia was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Tulenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
Endorsements Received: None.