The Confederacy of Tuba is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, zero percent divorce rate, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 4.149 billion Tubans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tuba City. The average income tax rate is 36.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tuban economy, worth 341 trillion E-Österreichische Tubas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,270 E-Österreichische Tubas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The police insist that racism does not exist, stockbrokers dream of getting rich by writing textbooks, the government's suggestions box is curiously empty these days, and the only women behind bars are barmaids. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tuba's national animal is the Panda, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tuba's influence in The Allied Republic rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tuba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Tuba's influence in The Allied Republic rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Tuba's influence in The Allied Republic rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tuba's influence in The Allied Republic rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Tuba's influence in The Allied Republic rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Tuba, the only women behind bars are barmaids.
- : Following new legislation in Tuba, the government's suggestions box is curiously empty these days.
- : Tuba relocated from Balder to The Allied Republic.
- : Tuba was refounded in Balder.