The Dictatorship of Tsarus 2142 is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by The Light with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, compulsory gun ownership, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 930 million Strazhnists are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Administration, and Spirituality are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neu Teissure. The average income tax rate is 78.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Strazhnist economy, worth 45.9 trillion Units a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 49,326 Units, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The once prosperous capital is in utter decline, Harry Potter books are banned, veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain, and babies are a small but significant export. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tsarus 2142's national animal is the Timber Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tsarus 2142 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, the once prosperous capital is in utter decline.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, the government's approval ratings go down while its turnover rate goes up.
- : Following new legislation in Tsarus 2142, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Strazhnist pirates.
- : Tsarus 2142 altered its national flag.
- : Tsarus 2142's influence in Tsarus fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".