The United States of True Mayhem is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, devout population of 434 million True Mayhemians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Spirituality, with Law & Order, Defense, and Education also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 36.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The True Mayhemian economy, worth 14.1 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Retail, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,489 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
If they thought anyone would listen the older generation would likely say that nobody listens to them any more, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, the government is seen to favor traditionalist religions, and preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. True Mayhem's national animal is the finch, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : True Mayhem's influence in Kaer Solas rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : True Mayhem's influence in Kaer Solas rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : True Mayhem resigned from the World Assembly.
- : True Mayhem's influence in Kaer Solas rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : True Mayhem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : True Mayhem endorsed Aggie.
- : True Mayhem endorsed The Principality of Wichtonia.
- : True Mayhem's influence in Kaer Solas rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in True Mayhem, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.
- : Following new legislation in True Mayhem, the government is seen to favor traditionalist religions.