|Leader||President Herakl Andresen|
The United Republic of Trouvia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Herakl Andresen with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.273 billion Trouvians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valkona. The average income tax rate is 64.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Trouvian economy, worth 129 trillion Trouvian Pundas a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 57,175 Trouvian Pundas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, police regularly arrest families playing Monopoly, and the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Trouvia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Trouvian Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Trouvia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Trouvia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Trouvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Trouvia's influence in Sunalaya rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Trouvia was endorsed by The Free Land of Hastledown.
- : Trouvia lodged a message on the Sunalaya Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Trouvia, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
- : Following new legislation in Trouvia, police regularly arrest families playing Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Trouvia, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Trouvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.