The Interstellar Empire of Tropical Isles is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jay Myers with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, ritual sacrifices, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.475 billion Atlanteans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shadowville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Atlantean economy, worth an astonishing 11,488 trillion Silver Certificates a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 489,406 Silver Certificates, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old fossils give the tours at the parliamentary museum, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles, and Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tropical Isles's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles.
- : Tropical Isles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, old fossils give the tours at the parliamentary museum.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Tropical Isles was endorsed by The Holy Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
Endorsements Received: 133 » Sindria, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, DiscGolfLand, Fujai, The Undivided, Kisovec, Ashkan, Thessalian, Wickedly evil people, Nevafornia, Kittenlicious, Mirchusko, Archonina, Condonohia, Psikuta, Gryphonian Alliance, Comia Noracon, Matism, Westwind, Great Sheriffdom, Twisted Duality, Shaktirajya, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Robbinston, Holmani, Orcatortugs, Greynne, Atheist States of Philippines, Ferroia, Granducato Toscana, Xupqeu, Fumafuma, Pandaland II, Wyndward, Probablynotverygoodistan, Akshireuya, Constantinopolisia, Ceden, Marina Nova, Avonna, Albyion Kingdom, Squornshelan Remnant States, Dilber, New Belia, Ingentis Novus, Redenya, Vlobbania, The Technocratic Ideas, and 83 others.Athrid HullHund, Ubiquistania, Kiensu, Bodusse, Fallgriffin, Glorious Existence, The North American Assembly, Triestine, Vasilism, Moriari, BoxcarJim, Leukogeras, Ellcrys, Arvladma, Majuria, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Mathematania, Kalla, San Mazer, The Isle of Burgrass, New Kigali, Einherfell, The United Tribes of Bantai, IndyCar Racing, Mediobogdum, Nas Crustium, Anuubis, Inner Paniumati, Volkason, Sachilie, Giovanniland, Isle Royale, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Aldesport, Professor thomas, Iglot, Recenesia, Husac, Willow Gate, Podium, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Forcaforta, Mackieron, Ostrogothaland, Rowdy, The United Republic of Westend, Dei et Hominis, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Plarland Amex, Weratt, Galaxy Meows, Muad-Dib, Sirulinuck, The Anti-Social Socialists, Draggy, Av Libertas Vindex, Lothundy, Parasang, Ynnam, Santos-Dominius, Dowaesk, Morachia, Roman East Indies, Rovkyzvat, Acerola Orion, Folhord, New Lagbadon Ocsois, Larxia, Zoran, Sursum, Mikano, Papercuts and Skittles, Ecornia, Jigsland, Blue Bubble, Overthinkers, and Aluminum Oxynitride.