|Leader||Colonel Lance Degraff|
The Desert Hellhole of Tremulistan is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Colonel Lance Degraff with an iron fist, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, compulsory vegetarianism, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 18.81 billion Tremulistanians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tremulehr. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Tremulistanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,575 trillion Nobs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 243,226 Nobs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 994,205 per year while the poor average 39,394, a ratio of 25.2 to 1.
It's considered a valid legal defence to say "a demon made me do it", search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, hell is not always other people, and radio stations are forbidden to play anything with too much drum or bass. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Tremulistan's national animal is the Bonobo Monkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Fundamentalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tremulistan was endorsed by The United States of Vincelle.
- : Following new legislation in Tremulistan, radio stations are forbidden to play anything with too much drum or bass.
- : Tremulistan was endorsed by The Republic of Noveos.
- : Following new legislation in Tremulistan, hell is not always other people.
- : Tremulistan was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solondor.
- : Following new legislation in Tremulistan, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Following new legislation in Tremulistan, it's considered a valid legal defence to say "a demon made me do it".
- : Tremulistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Tremulistan, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them.
- : Following new legislation in Tremulistan, many say faith is a crutch for those who can't move forward.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, Aguatania, Erinor, Quiescent, Barabarom, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Luddinlande, Hanguk-Nippon, Democratic Drals Tum, Anachronolandia, Wyatonians, USNE2018, Rebel-topia, Oskyelion, Nakarisaune, United States of Vietnam, Kerlodia, Concrete Slab, Solondor, Noveos, and Vincelle.